Remember this? I posted this little thrift store find I got a few weeks ago on Instagram. I had been wanting one, but the large ones are just way out of my budget. So, when I saw this little cutie, I thought I’d give it a try.
A couple of months ago, I got some succulent leaves off my mother’s succulent plants. It was my first attempt to propagate. I will write another post on that soon. So, now that they are growing, I needed a place for them to grow into.
Originally, I wanted to spray paint this rubbed oil bronze. It has been so hot out here and I was just not up to being outside. So, I opted to use acrylic paints. This is what I used.
At first, I used the lighter blue. It was way too light. Then I sparingly went over it with the darker blue. Lastly, I added a little copper. I just winged it. Emphasizing where it might naturally rust or oxidize. Not sure if I used that correctly.
Here is the final result! Shh! Don’t tell anyone I forgot to paint the bottom. Hehehe…
I used coconut liner to hold the soil. I can’t wait for them to grow!